Text: Philippians 3:7-9
1. When you were growing up, was a relationship with God built more on being a good person or placing your faith in Jesus? How has that changed in the past year?
2. Talk about when you first encountered Jesus as the ‘Pearl of Great Value’ or the ‘Ultimate Treasure’ in your life. How did you view of other things change? How does the value of knowing Christ impact your everyday life now?
3. In what areas of your life do you desire to make knowing Jesus more fully a greater priority? Be specific about the practical steps you will take (or are taking) to pursue this experience.
4. In order to ‘gain Christ’, in every situation, when you must choose between Christ & anything else – choosing Christ in the way to go. Share a time when you had to make this choice. How did you find the strength to choose Christ? What is one area in your life that you sense God calling you to grow in your daily choices?
5. To be found in Jesus means having a righteousness from God that depends on faith. This means all our self-effort at pleasing God, gaining His love and approval must go. Break into groups of 2 or 3. Share what your struggle with self-righteousness looks like. Then pray for one another.