CG Questions :: August 30, 2020
CG Questions 8.30.20
Title: The Character of a Dream
Text: Judges 4:6-12
- PRIORITIZE HIS VOICE ABOVE ALL OTHERS
- ACT ON CONVICTION OVER EMOTION
- MAKE GOD HIMSELF YOUR GREATEST DREAM
1. What one concept from this week’s sermon did you hope we would discuss in community group this week?
2. Talk about a dream or hope you have for the future. What daily priorities do you practice that you believe are enabling that dream to become a reality?
During the sermon did God spark any daily habits you’d like to embrace in light of that dream?
3. In his sermon, Mike said, “When we speak to each other, it’s conversation. But when God speaks to us, it’s covenant.
There’s a difference between when we speak, and when God speaks.”
Whose voice rings the loudest in your ears? What is something God has spoken or promised that you need to remember?
What practical step can you take this week to prioritize God’s voice over all others?
4. God wants your heart more than he wants your hands. His primary relationship with you is as your Father.
This week how can you make pursuing a radical relationship with God your first priority?
Think about every area of your life – your heart, time, talent, and resources.
Where is God asking you re-order your priorities to make him first?
5. It’s easy to be moved by emotions when in the moment. But God is calling his people to be guided by the conviction of what you know to be true.
How has this current season driven you to respond more by emotion than conviction?
Take some time and pray together. Release the unhealthy emotions of this season and receive faith to live by conviction.