CG Questions :: November 1, 2020
CG Questions 11.1.20
Sermon Title: Sight Beyond the Site
Text: Mark 10:46-52
• Effective Prayer begins with a clear picture of God
• Effective prayer doesn’t stop until it sees Jesus
• Effective Prayer always has a specific target.
• Effective Prayer means the story is never over
1. Take a few moments and share something God has spoken to you through the Personal Jesus devotional.
How has the silence section impacted your soul?
What has your biggest takeaway been from the Evening Examen?
2. Effective prayer begins with a clear picture of God. How has your understanding of God grown clearer over the past 6 months?
In what way has this impacted both your faith in God’s love for you and your prayer life?
3. What is your experience with persistence in prayer? Is this an area where you’ve seen victory and growth or an area that is a struggle for you?
Give specific examples from your life.
4. Talk about a time when God led you to pray specifically. That is, you sensed a specific ‘target’ from the Lord and pressed into prayer.
How were your prayers answered? Are you still preserving in that specific area?
5. Break into groups of 2 or 3 and pray together for specific needs in your life. Ask the Holy Spirit to give your scriptural promises to hold fast to.
Write those verses down in the form of a prayer.