New England Together
Join the Team
Wake My Heart
My Giving Profile
CG Questions :: Speak :: Part 5
How do you feel about your job? Is it something you would do even if you weren’t getting paid (and could afford that)? How did you end up working this job?
As believers, we are hard-wired to long for purpose in how we spend our lives. That means our jobs and our calling (the ‘thing’ we sense God has gifted us to do with our lives) must overlap.
- Is this a reality in your life right now? Why or why not?
- What changes (besides quitting your job) could you make this week to begin creating this overlap?
Sometimes we fall into one of two common pitfalls as Christians in a secular society. We can separate ourselves for the sake of living purely for God. Or we fill up with God on Sundays, but that barely translates into the rest of week.
- Which of these two pitfalls do you tend to fall into?
- What change do you sense the Holy Spirit prompting in you as a result of this sermon?
Read Colossians 3:22-24.
Our natural inclination may be to work harder when the boss is watching or to be obsessed with the need to achieve. The verses we read create a different paradigm for the Christ-follower. The standard is now: refocus your heart on a higher audience.
- What is God speaking to you through the truth found in the verses?
- What changes do you think He is prompting you to embrace?
- How will you cooperate with these nudges from God this week?
Take some time as a group and pray for one another with this thought/prayer in mind:
Father, how can I integrate my faith in You in my workplace, so that I “would do all things without grumbling…blameless and innocent, children of God..shining as lights in the world”? (Philippians 2:12-16)