CG Questions :: The Most Important Words On Earth
1. Often our culture leans towards a rational viewpoint. And, even in the face of tremendous evidence, we have a tendency or propensity to doubt. Did your family of origin embrace this ‘doubting perspective’? If so, how did that impacted your a life? How has your faith in Jesus effected this perspective?
2. Justin talked about how in each of us is an ‘intuitive theism’. That is, within the core of our being we find ourselves irresistibly drawn to God. Did this surprise you? Why or why not?
3. Where in your life have you found yourself looking for a Savior in places you’ve already explored? Maybe it’s the weekend, or a relationship or a new job – the list is endless. How has this changed since you’ve begun following Jesus?
4. Jesus must be recognized through a personal encounter. Take a few minutes and remember what life was like before you knew Jesus. How did you first encounter Him? How has life changed for you since then?
5. Read Jeremiah 1:5 and Isaiah 43:1. What would your life look like if you fully believed that God knows and calls your name? (Consider your choices, relationships, affections, emotions, etc.)
6. Jesus is much closer than you realize. Talk about a time on your spiritual journey when you discovered this profound truth: that Jesus is right there, always with you.