CG Questions :: Someone's Someone :: Part 5
C.G Questions 6.28.20
Title: Make Disciples
Text: Matthew 28:18-20
- A Supernatural Transformation
- A Plan for Growth
- A Community in Pursuit of God’s Presence
1. Read Matt 28:18-20. In your journey with Jesus, what has the Great Commission meant personally for you? How has it impacted your life?
2. How did this sermon challenge or strengthen your view of Jesus’ command to “make disciples”?
3. A Supernatural Transformation. Talk about your personal experience with this first ‘ingredient’ of discipleship. How has God radically changed you since your encounter with grace?
4. A Plan for Growth. What hinders or keeps you from creating a practical plan for spiritual growth? Maybe you don’t know where to start or life is just too busy or something else entirely. What practical changes would you need to make in your life in order to make room for intentional spiritual growth? Who can you invite in to support you on this journey?
5. A Community in Pursuit of God’s Presence. Share specific examples of how being part of community has been an integral part of your life as a disciple of Jesus.
Do you find yourself resisting close community in your life? Why do you think this is?
Take some time and end your group in prayer for one another:
These are the seven habits Justin mentioned in his sermon.
1. Relationship: spend the first hour of your day alone with God
2. Radiance: share your faith every week
3. Receptivity: obey the promptings of the Holy Spirit
Guard Rail Habits:
4. Righteousness: live accountable to biblical sexual boundaries
5. Resources: structure your life around priority, percentage, progressive giving
Long Haul Habits:
6. Rhythm: practice living by grace through a weekly sabbath routine
7. Replication: build an intentional circle of discipleship