Build This House
Text: Ephesians 5:1-2
1. Share with the group one memory of an aroma from your childhood home that makes you smile even today.
2. There’s an ‘aroma’ that is released from your life that comes from what you have received. How do you think your family or co-workers would describe your aroma? Why do you think that?
3. As followers of Jesus, we are beloved children of God. The aroma of God – which smells like love – changes our environment. How has your identity as a child of God helped you love others well? What relationships could improve if you fully embraced your true identity in Christ?
4. Ephesians 5:1-2 call us to be more than just meditators, it calls us to be imitators of Christ, to sacrifice for others because when we do, the fragrance of Jesus fills the room. In what practical ways can we, as a Community Group, imitate Christ in this way together? How can we first begin to care more for the practical needs of one another? As another practical step, make a plan to sign up as a group for the Serve our City day on June 5th.
5. What has been God preparing you for that you’ve been hesitant to say yes to? Maybe it’s a strained relationship that needs repair. Or a commitment to God are you are afraid to step into? Spend some time as a group and pray for each other. Share what you sense God saying. Receive the grace for the yes.